In today’s market it is vital that ever business has a Facebook page. In Ireland alone there are over 2.2 million Facebook users and businesses need to take advantage in order to succeed and reach as many potential customers as possible.
Don’t get stressed out about setting up a page, it’s easy! Here are my five tips that might help:
1. Create the Page – This may sound obvious, but when setting up your page it’s important to ensure you make it a ‘like’ page and not a personal ‘friend’ page. In doing so, you may risk giving people access to personal information whereas with a ‘like’ page you can monitor and choose exactly what people see and when.
2. Unique URL – It is vital that your Facebook page has a unique URL. This will make it easier for people to find your page. Keep it short and make sure it’s clear and simple!
3. Keep Posts Interesting! – This is very important! You want to attract as many people as possible to ‘like’ your page. Keeping your posts unique and interesting will help. People are not too fond of boring, repetitive posts and are likely to keep these pages hidden or worse, blocked!! Adding a bit of humour or using current media events in posts will help grab attention.
4. Set the Right Tone – It’s important to set the right tone with your posts. Posts can have an effect on people’s image of your business. You may be tempted to post about or comment on controversial topics but it is better not to so you can avoid offending any potential customers. Keep it relevant!!
5. Pictures & Display! – Make sure all your pictures are the correct size and fit for Facebook before uploading. There is nothing worse than having vital text cut out when there isn’t enough space! If you have any queries about uploading pictures to Facebook, this guy has got you covered – http://havecamerawilltravel.com/photographer/images-photos-facebook-sizes-dimensions-types !
Those were my five tips, now you are ready to go forth and
Thanks for reading!